If you read my recent E-Learning Curve Blog post Educate: An E-Learning iPhone App with Potential you’ll know that I have been following the progress of iKonstrukt Educate with interest. Well, it’s just been released to the Apple iTunes Store.
According to the developers
Educate is an iPhone/iTouch application designed to support teaching professionals in schools, universities and colleges. Featuring inbuilt lesson planning, student tracking, teaching strategies and eLearning tools, Educate provides teachers with a holistic approach to engaging students in 21st century learning environments.
There’s a short demo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWzPFgZKY9w
- Plan lessons: Educate’s inbuilt weekly planner allows teachers to personalize their timetable and plan lessons all from a single interface.
- Monitor student attendance and progress: Quickly and easily track student attendance or performance in classes via ready made scales.
- Engage students at a deeper level: Access easy to follow strategies for engaging students during individual or collaborative activities.
- Implement eLearning: Post real time content to Moodle learning spaces, anywhere, anytime. Also, access critical tools such as a voice recorder for anecdotal notes, a camera that allows you to label images and a stopwatch for time-critical tasks.
- Collaborate with other Educate users: Connect online through Facebook with other Educate users to discuss pedagogical practice, suggest application features and seek support.
Price: $6.99 US
You can purchase from iTunes by clicking here: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=313379802&mt=8
Find out more: http://www.ikonstrukt.com
I’ll be installing Educate today, and I will (of course) review it in the near future.